If your moissanite engagement rings doesn’t fit anymore, there are a few things you can do:
- Get the ring resized: The most common solution to a ring that no longer fits is to get it resized. A jeweller can take the ring and make it larger or smaller to fit your finger.
- Consider a ring guard: If you don’t want to get your ring resized, a ring guard can be a great option. A ring guard is a small device that fits inside your ring and keeps it snug on your finger.
- Wear it on a different finger: If your engagement ring no longer fits on your ring finger, consider wearing it on a different finger.
- Get a temporary replacement: If you don’t want to go through the hassle of resizing your ring or getting a ring guard, you can get a temporary replacement ring to wear until you can get your engagement ring fixed.
- Determine the reason for the change in size: It’s possible that your ring no longer fits due to a temporary change in your finger size, such as weight gain or swelling. In this case, it might be best to wait a little while to see if your finger returns to its previous size before taking any permanent steps like resizing.
- Think about future changes: If you’re planning to have children, it’s possible that your finger size could change again in the future. Keep this in mind when deciding whether to resize your ring.
- Consider a temporary resizing: If you’re not sure if you want to permanently resize your ring, you can ask your jeweller about a temporary resizing option. This involves using a material like a silicone band to adjust the size of your ring without permanently altering it.
- Get your finger sized professionally: If you’re unsure of your ring size or if you think your finger size may have changed, it’s a good idea to have your finger sized by a professional jeweller to ensure the correct size for your ring.
- Try a temporary solution: If you need a quick fix for your engagement ring, you can try using a lubricant like hand lotion or soap to help slide it on your finger. However, this is not a permanent solution and should be avoided if the ring is already too loose.
- Consider the metal of your ring: Some metals, such as platinum, cannot be resized as easily as others. If your engagement ring is made of a metal that cannot be resized or is difficult to resize, you may need to consider other options like getting a new ring.
- Get a ring adjuster: A ring adjuster is a small, flexible silicone or plastic piece that you can place on the inside of your ring to help it fit more snugly. This can be a good temporary solution if you’re waiting to resize your ring.
- Think about the design of your ring: The design of your engagement ring can affect how easily it can be resized. For example, a ring with intricate designs or pavé diamonds may be more difficult to resize without damaging the design. It’s important to consider these factors when deciding how to resize your ring.
It’s important to remember that engagement rings are precious and sentimental items, so it’s best to handle them with care. If you’re unsure about what to do with your ring, it’s always a good idea to consult with a professional jeweller. They can offer advice and help you find the best solution for your specific situation.